Did you know that the New Jersey Lottery played a key role in making Powerball more accessible in the US? It was the first lottery to start talks about offering Powerball tickets. Other state lotteries joined in, resulting in the landmark cross-sell agreement of 2010.
NJ Powerball Rules
It only takes 5 main numbers from 1 to 69 and one Powerball number from 1 to 26 to participate. This is all you have to do when buying Powerball tickets, online or offline! Trying to become a millionaire has never been this easy.
Can You Buy Powerball Tickets Online in NJ?
Yes you can! Whether you want to gain time or don’t have easy access to official retailers, you can buy your Powerball tickets online. Our advice: make sure to choose a safe and secure platform of lottery couriers such as theLotter US.
How to Buy Powerball Tickets Online in New Jersey?
Buying Powerball tickets online with a lottery courier service is totally secure, legal, and, above all, easy. theLotter US is one of the best choices you can make. Unlike other online courier services that let you wager on the result of lottery draws, theLotter US’ representatives buy real Powerball tickets for you, from licensed retailers.
Time needed: 7 minutes
Here are the steps to buy your Powerball tickets online from New Jersey, with theLotter US:
- Choose your lottery
Playing Powerball online requires you to fill out your tickets in the same manner as when you purchase them in a store. Once you are on theLotter US, start by selecting the lottery of your choice.
- Select your numbers
Then select the numbers of your choice, or use our Quick Pick feature to generate an automatic selection of numbers. You need to choose 5 main numbers from 1 to 59 and an additional number from 1 to 26, called the Powerball.
- Finalize your purchase
Once you have chosen your game and selected your numbers you will have to finalize the purchase by choosing the payment method of your choice.
How Late Can You Buy Powerball Tickets in New Jersey?
If you physically purchase your Powerball tickets at an official retailer in New Jersey, the deadline is 9:59 p.m. CT on the day of the drawing (Monday, Wednesday & Saturday). However, deadlines may vary from one state to an other. For instance, the deadline in New York is 10 p.m.
*When you choose to buy your Powerball tickets online, be aware that the closing time might be a bit earlier so that lottery couriers have time to get your entries for you.
Ticket Types When Buying Your Powerball Tickets Online
When you buy Powerball tickets online in New Jersey, you can sometimes discover a few more ticket types than when you purchase them directly at official retailers. This can make things seem confusing, so we have prepared you a small resume on the different Powerball ticket types you can find online on theLotter US.
- Individual tickets – This is the simplest option: you can get an individual entry with your own numbers or use the Quick Pick option that will help you with the numbers selection.
- Systematic forms – When you have more lucky numbers than you can add on a single entry, you can use Systematic Forms. They will cover all the possible combinations of your numbers. When one of your numbers matches, it will appear on more tickets, therefore you will be able to claim more prizes.
What Are the Advantages of Buying Powerball Tickets Online?
Buying Powerball tickets online comes with a myriad of advantages. Aside from the fact that participating online is a gain of time, there are some other important benefits. Here is our list of the main advantages you get online:
- Ease of access: You can play from anywhere and at anytime, as long as you have an internet connection and a device to access your online courier service.
- Avoiding loss of entry: By buying your Powerball tickets online you can avoid losing or damaging your ticket, as you will receive a scanned copy of your entry and a confirmation email as proof of purchase.
- Directly receiving smaller prizes: You will automatically receive any smaller prize you win in your account. (For larger winnings, you may have to get the jackpot in person but a team of professionals will help you along the way).
- Acces to many game options: You can choose from various features and options to enhance your game, such as number generators.
Powerball’s Record Amount
The Powerball jackpot is virtually limitless because this lottery does not feature an established cap. As such, each rollover makes the prize bigger and bigger until it reaches skyrocketting numbers.
Over the years, the Powerball jackpot has reached outrageous amounts and it has revolutionized the entire industry with its record-breaking prizes.
The $2.04 BILLION Powerball pot of 2022 holds the world record for the largest lottery prize ever awarded. However, many amazing jackpots have been awarded along the years.
FAQ on Buying Powerball Tickets Online
Sure you can! You can buy Powerball tickets online if you want to save time or if you can’t easily get to the official retailers.
Yes! However, we can only advise you to choose a good lottery courier service. A lottery courier service buys official Powerball tickets, from authorized retailers, on your behalf, and sends you a scanned copy of your ticket. This way, you can legally participate in Powerball and other lotteries from your phone or computer.